Shun 7" Premier Santoku
A True Asian Knife that Will Impress.
- Hammered tsuchime-finish blade glides through food with ease
- Hand-crafted 16° double-bevel blade
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, clad in 34 layers of stainless Damascus on each side
- Handle: Walnut PakkaWood® with signature D-grip for a comfortable hold
- Blade length: 7 in. (17.8 cm)
- Made in Japan by skilled craftsmen
The Shun 7-in. Premier Santoku is an Asian chef's knife. "Santoku," meaning "three virtues" in Japanese, refers the three types of cuts at which it excels: slicing, dicing, and chopping. Whether you are crafting beautiful dry aged steaks or shaping a pork coppa muscle before curing, this knife will help make every task a delight. Many chefs swear by Santoku knives and you may become one of them. The slight belly curve allows you to rock the blade slightly, making this Santoku a very versatile knife. Chefs swear by it--especially how well-suited this Santoku is to a down-and-forward cutting motion (push cut).