Do you want a quick and easy first charcuterie project to really impress your friends? Duck prosciutto is deep red with a mouth-watering layer of rich fat. With the UMAi Dry Small Charcuterie bag, Duck Prosciutto cures and dries to target weight in only 2-3 weeks. Also, it requires no special curing salt. Check out the recipe. You can also make guanciale and "cold smoked" cured salmon with this size UMAi Dry Charcuterie bag.
Dry Cure Ingredients
- Duck breasts, 2 pc.- 7oz (200g)
- Kosher salt, 2 tsp (6g)
- Brown sugar, 2 tsp (12g)
- Juniper berries, crushed, 2 pc.
- Bay leaf, ground, 1 pc.
- Black pepper, ground, 1/2 tsp (4g)
- Smoked paprika, 1/8 tsp (1g)
- Mix everything but the duck breasts together in a bowl, then rub onto meat, making sure to cover all nooks and crannies.
- Transfer meat into a Ziplock or Foodsaver bag, remove air, and place in your refrigerator for one week to cure.
- After the curing process, remove meat from bag, and rinse off cure under running water. Don't forget about those nooks and crannies.
- Transfer the meat to the UMAi Dry® and place place on an open wire rack to dry in your refrigerator four to eight weeks*, or until 25-30% reduction in weight.
- After drying is complete, slice thin and enjoy!
For perfect, paper thin slices every time, we highly recommend the Chef’s Choice Model 632 Deli Slicer.
*time varies based off the humidity in your fridge.
How to Make Duck Prosciutto
Looking for something extra special for your next gathering? Try this duck prosciutto recipe. It's quick and easy!
Mix Dry Cure ingredients together and rub onto meat, covering all nooks and crannies.
Transfer meat into a Ziploc bag or vacuum seal into a Foodsaver bag, and place in your refrigerator for one week to cure.
After the curing process, remove the meat from the bag and rinse off Dry Cure coating under running water.
Transfer meat to UMAi Dry® small charcuterie bag and place on an open wire rack to dry in your refrigerator 4-8 weeks, or until you have a 35-40% reduction in weight.
After drying is complete, slice thin and enjoy!