Here is how UMAi Dry® allows you to create the ultimate dry aged steak:
1. Select a well-marbled subprimal cut of beef (full ribeye, striploin or sirloin). Meat should be in original processor packaging, whenever possible. You want untrimmed, untouched beef for optimal dry aging results.
2. Apply UMAi Dry® to gooey moist meat. This "meat glue" is essential for the UMAi Dry® membrane to bond with the surface. You can either vacuum seal or use the immersion method for creating good contact. Air pockets do not pose a risk. UMAi Dry® is not a vacuum bag--it allows for moisture and oxygen exchange.
3. Place on an open wire rack in your modern frost free refrigerator in regular use located within a consistently room temperature environment. Age between 28-65 days. Most chefs recommend a sweet spot between 35-45 days.
4. Watch as the meat ages and develops the unique dry aged flavor that only time can deliver.
5. At the end of the aging period, trim off the outer "bark" and cut into steaks. If holding for more than 3-4 days, vacuum seal. Dry aged meat freezes well because of the lower moisture content.
6. Grill to perfection and impress yourself and your guests.
Choose an UMAi Dry® Starter Kit
--and just add meat!